All I am going to say about this salad is that after eating half of his FIRST large serving, Andy told me this needed to be on HEAVY ROTATION here through the summer.
Kale salad on heavy rotation!?! YES!!!
MAKE IT, EAT IT, LOVE IT!
Best kale salad, EVER!
- 6-8 c organic baby kale mix (baby kale, spinach, beet greens, carrots) from Sams (any baby kale or kale mix will do just fine!)
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt, pepper, chipotle pepper flakes
Mix the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Pecan and cranberry mix
- 1/3 c pecans
- 1/3 c pistachios, shelled
- 2 heaping T nutritional yeast
- 1 T EVOO
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 big handfuls of dried cranberries. I used sweetened.
- salt, pepper chipotle pepper flakes
Use a grinder to process the pistachios and pecans to small pieces. Add the nutritional yeast, EVOO, salt, pepper, and hot pepper and pulse in the grinder a few times, until crumbly and mixed. Add the dry pecan cranberry mix, salad dressing and kale greens to a large lidded bowl. Shake well to evenly coat the greens with the dressing and pecan, cranberry mix.
You can add roasted beets and/or red onions to the salad to add some more color and lots of good nutrition and flavor!