This is one of my very favorite quick-fix dinners! SALMON salad!
Check it out–it is basically lime zest and honey for the marinade! Yes, that is right. Which means it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare! So while the salmon is roasting in the oven, just throw together the salad and dressing and in about 20-25 minutes you have a dinner that is super healthful AND absolutely delicious!
Give it a try and let me know what you think of this super easy lime zest salad!
Lime zest salmon salad–2 servings
- 1 large organic lime
- 2 T organic honey
- frozen jalapeno, zested. OPTIONAL (if you want to add some extra heat)
- splash of room temp water, OPTIONAL (only if you want to make the marinade a little thinner for easier brushing)
- 2 wild salmon filets
- salt and pepper (enough to sprinkle on the salmon filets AND add a health dash to the marinade)
- sprinkle of chipotle pepper flakes (Victoria’s Gourmet are my very fav!)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, mashed (slice the other half and use it on the salad)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t chipotle pepper flakes (more or less to suit your taste)
- 1 T honey (or more, to suit your taste)
- 1-2 T EVOO (I like the dressing a pretty thick, as you can see from the photo so I only use about 1 T)
- salt and pepper (to suit your taste)
- Use whatever fresh, organic ingredients you like!!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Zest one lime and then juice it. Set the juice aside for the dressing.
OPTIONAL: Zest part of a frozen jalapeno in with the lime zest if you want to add some heat to the marinade.
Mix the zest with the rest of the the ingredients for the marinade. Place the salmon filets in a oven ready pan and pat them dry with a paper towel. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to the filets. Brush on the marinade and let sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until done.
While the salmon is roasting in the oven, make the dressing for the salad–mixing all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
Now just throw together your favorite greens and veggies — making a nice big bed for your salmon filet. Don’t forget that other half of the avocado! Add the dressing just before placing the filet on top.
Once the fish is fully cooked, remove from the oven and place the filet on the bed of dressed greens.
Serve with a big glass of fruity sparkling water and ENJOY!
Cheers to good eating!