If you are a fan of quinoa, you have to give my pesto quinoa a try!
I love this dish on its own or as the base for about anything that you would normally put over a flavored rice or potato. I love my stuffed portobello mushrooms served over this super hearty and flavorful quinoa.
Adding some toasted pine nuts or cashews is a fantastic way to add some healthful monounsaturated fats and protein to make it even more of a meal! I would love to hear what you do with my pesto quinoa and (I hope anyway) how much you love it!
To your belly, with love
Servings 3-4 (depending upon what you do with it)
- 1 1/2 c quinoa, lightly toasted (toasting is totally optional)
- 2 1/2 c coconut milk, plain (use whatever non-dairy milk you like)
- 1/4 c (or slightly more, to your taste) your favorite pesto (try my cheeseless or my cheesy Bestest Pesto recipes)
- dash of freshly ground pepper
- dash of chipotle pepper flakes or cayenne, optional
Put the quinoa in a medium saucepan and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the coconut milk, black, and hot peppers (optional). Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is al dente.
Remove from the heat and serve while it is nice and hot!