This Ozark-made Vietnamese bowl is one of my very favorite ‘go to’ dishes. This is on a regular rotation here at Yoga Belly.
The brown rice vermicelli noodles are bombarded by all sorts of delicious vegetables–steamed and fresh. Mushrooms, onions (white and green), broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, squash, kale, cilantro, and green onions are topped with an acidic and bright lime vinaigrette sauce and chopped nuts (not shown).
It is super simple to whip together and loaded with flavor…my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Last night we went all veggie with our BUNs, but adding shrimp is a great way to bump up the protein! Sometimes I also add a big hit of chopped cashews to top off the meal, which provide a healthy fat (to help reduce inflammation) and and a big hit of tryptophan (just a small handful adds a whole lot of tryptophan) to boost our winter weary spirits!
The really great thing about this noodle bowl is how good you feel after you eat it–smarter, faster, stronger! Ok, maybe that was more about my 90 minute power yoga class, but I did feel extra good last night!
Give My Ozark BUN a try and see if how it makes your body feel!
Here’s to feeding your belly well and loving every minute of it!
My Ozark BUN
- Rice Vermicelli noodles, enough for 2 servings. Made according to package instructions.
- Cooked shrimp, optional. As much as you like in two servings of BUN!
- Your favorite vegetables! My choices this time were broccoli, kale, carrots, sweet bell pepper, yellow onion, green onion (for a heavy garnish), mushrooms, cucumber.
- Lime Vinaigrette Sauce–recipe follows
- Nuts, chopped–either peanuts or cashews, or both
- Cilantro and green onions, chopped for a heavy garnish
- 2 1/2 T fish sauce
- 3 T lime juice
- 1/2 t + chili sauce (sriracha)–or more depending upon your tolerance for HEAT
- 1 1/2 T garlic, minced
- 1/2 t anchovy paste
- 2 t ginger, minced
- 3 T sugar
- 1/8-1/4 c water
Mix all ingredients for the sauce into a small bowl.
Steam the vegetables to al dente or as soft as you like. Serve them over the pasta and garnish with the green onions, nuts, and cilantro.
Pour the lime vinaigrette sauce over the top of the dish and ENJOY the gorgeous, fresh flavor of My Ozark BUN!