I guess you can tell we drink a lot of smoothies for breakfast here at 488! I can’t get enough of the sumptuous flavor of mango–reminds me of my honeymoon floating around the grenadines! Anyway…we don’t have access to good fresh mango in the midwest, so frozen often has to suffice. I buy the big bags at Sams and snack on it often. I even use the big chunks of fruit in my water instead of using ice–what a delightful afternoon cocktail!
This mango smoothie is packed with all sorts of key nutrients for a boost of energy to start the day!
- frozen mango (add as much as you like!)
- 1-2 c baby spinach
- 1 c orange juice or water
- agave nectar (to taste–if using water instead of juice)
- spash of coconut, almond, or soy milk
- 1 T chia seeds
- protein powder– I use hemp powder
Throw it all in a blender and let it spin until smooth.
Add frozen blueberries if you want a delicious twist to this fantastic breakfast treat!