There are so many great alternatives to mashed potatoes, I replaced them long ago here at 488 with rice, quinoa, and/or mashed cauliflower–depending upon what best suited the dish or meal. Give this a try the next time mashed potatoes are on your dinner menu or just on your mind!
Keto Cauliflower mash
- 1 head of cauliflower, separated into pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 T butter or olive oil. Optional, depending upon your preference.
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- chipotle pepper flakes. Optional
- Fresh chopped herbs. Optional
Steam the cauliflower and 3 cloves of garlic in a steamer basket for 20 or so minutes, until very soft. Place in food processor or use your mixer to puree with the butter (or oil), salt, peppers, and herbs (optional) until smooth. Crush the last two cloves of garlic into the mash and stir it well. Serve nice and hot!