Get ready to read the recipe for your new favorite muffin!
My yogi friend, Sarah shared this recipe on her blog and I just had to give it a try. I have now made these fantastic muffins 3 times in the 2 short weeks since she posted the original recipe. I didn’t have many of the ingredients that her recipe called for, so I modified it with what I had in the pantry AND to lower the fat just a little. It worked beautifully and I honestly wouldn’t change a thing. My hubby gets so excited when I walk into his office with a hot pot of tea and a freshly baked muffin. Maybe you should surprise your loved one(s) with this super moist and delicious muffin this afternoon?!
Bon Appetit! XO
Coconut banana muffins
Servings: 6 large muffins
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 c applesauce (organic, unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup vanilla bakers cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, lightly mashed (mine were pretty small)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (AP flour does not sub well for coconut, so try almond if you can’t find coconut)
- 1/2 c (plus about 2 T for sprinkling on top) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Chinese or Vietnamese cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease the muffin tin.
In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Spoon into the muffin tin. Sprinkle the muffins with the coconut flakes. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clear. Serve with a cup of hot tea or a large glass of coconut milk. ENJOY!