Are you thinking of going green?? Give this recipe a try and you will be on your way…not really what you had in mind when thinking green?? So what! This recipe is super simple, packed with flavor, and very, very green! You can serve this salad along side about anything–fish, chicken, or pork. To add more color, throw in some freshly roasted beets! This is also a great one to take as your contribution to the next family gathering or neighborhood bbq! Heck, add some extra cheese and call it lunch or dinner–it may be mine today!
Go green raw salad
- 1 t chipotle pepper flakes
- 1 T diced garlic
- 2 T EVOO
- 2-3 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 1/4 t freshly ground pepper
- 1-14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 # asparagus, tough end removed and chopped into thirds
- 1 small bag of frozen edamame beans, thawed
- 3/4 c more or less shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
In a medium lidded bowl stir together the lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, hot pepper, and garlic. Add the veggies and edamame, put the lid on the bowl and gently shake until the contents are coated with the dressing. Allow to sit for 15 or more minutes at room temperature before serving.