This is a really delicious, simple and healthful salad that also makes a great salsa served with pita or tortilla chips. I have made it several times for parties and I am consistently asked for the recipe after hearing rave reviews from the crowd!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1 1/2 cups sweet corn
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2-1 red onion, diced
- 1 T crushed garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- Juice of 2-3 limes (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 t (or more) ground cumin. You may also use cumin seed.
- 1/4 t ground coriander (optional)
- dash of EVOO
- pinch of crushed chipotle pepper flakes
Toss it all in a bowl and mix well. It is best if it has a couple of hours to marinade before serving. Throw in some diced avocado for a ‘meatier’ version!