I can’t believe it has taken me this long to post this recipe. I LOVE this Thai vegan pasta salad so much that one can usually find a batch made up in my fridge! It has a lot of green in it to make it super nutrient dense, bright and flavorful! The nuts and seeds give it a bit of a crunch, some good fiber, and the protein necessary to build long, lean, and beautiful muscles.
This salad is soooo simple to make and will stay ‘fresh’ in the fridge for up to a week–but trust me, it will never last that long! It is really two different recipes, but we almost always top a big scoop of the pasta with the Broccoli Slaw. Serve this dish at room temperature to maximize the flavors. I know you are going to love it, so give it a try today!
Edamame Broccoli Slaw
- 1 bag broccoli slaw (you can also make your own–it is just the stem from a head of broccoli, along with some carrots. grated in the food processor)
- 1/4 c white miso paste ( I usually go a little heavier on the miso=addl 1 T)
- 1 1/2 T honey
- 1/4 c brown rice vinegar (you can use white rice vinegar if you can’t find the brown. The brown is sourced at your local asian market and makes the dish taste a little better)
- 1 T (or more) grated ginger
- 1 1/2 T sesame oil
- 1 T low sodium soy sauce
- 1 bag shelled organic edamame
- 3/4 c toasted almond, chopped, sliced or slivered
Combine miso, honey, vinegar, ginger and whisk. Add oil and soy sauce and whisk. Toss with all other ingredients.
- 3 T toasted sesame seeds
- 12 oz soba noodles (cooked al dente) or your favorite gluten free noodle
- 1 t chipotle pepper flakes
- 1/2 c sesame oil
- splash of grapeseed or veg oil (1-2 t)
- 6 T honey
- 5 T low sodium soy sauce
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 3/4 c finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 large bunch of green onions, chopped (use both the green and white parts)
Combine red pepper, grapeseed oil, sesame oil, honey and soy sauce. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes. Toss with cool and rinsed pasta. Add cilantro, peanuts, onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Serve pasta with a healthy scoop of the slaw on top and try to leave yourself leftovers for tomorrow! 🙂 YUM!